Physics and Physical Chemistry of Foods integrates physics, meso-structure design and development, and application-driven research, to enable innovations more effectively.
We aim to:
- deliver fundamental knowledge, new mesostructures, and application concepts, for academic partners, industry and society;
- to educate students to apply such integration in their future careers.
Our focus is on the mesoscale in relation to the molecular and macroscopic scale.
Application areas refer to:
- function (texture, taste, smell, colour, nutrient delivery);
- context (processing, transport, storage, consumption, digestion);
- requirements (sustainability, safety, ingredient availability, reasonable cost).
Please visit the website of the Laboratory of Physics and Physical Chemistry of Foods for more information.